“Over 26 Years Servicing the Coastal Bend”
Corpus Christi Roofers
Years in Business
We’ve built our company and reputation as experts in the roofing industry with years of quality roofing repair, replacement, and maintenance. Whether you’re looking for asphalt or composite shingles, clay tile, flat roofing or metal roofing, we use only the highest-quality materials available on the market and treat every roof as if it were our own.
Our company is built on our reputation for customer service, outstanding standards of excellence, and attention to every last detail. Large or small, residential or commercial, we are committed to quality, integrity, and absolute customer satisfaction.
OFTEN DONE IN ONE DAY
BEST IN CLASS SERVICE
OFTEN DONE IN ONE DAY
We know that you don’t want to live in a construction zone. Most of the time our roofers can complete the job, from material delivery to total cleanup, in just one day
We’ve earned Owens Corning’s Preferred Contractor status by making sure that each installation is top-notch, and backed with a strong warranty.
BEST IN CLASS SERVICE
We have over two decades of experience with commercial and residential roofing. We are humbled by our A+ BBB rating and 5-star reviews on Yelp and Google.
Why Choose Us
Whether repairing a leak, or a complete remove and replace, you are in good hands.
- Exact start and finish dates
- Only licensed roofers on every job
- We clean and magnet sweep your yard
- Chuy personally performs your final inspection
We exclusively use Owens Corning Duration™ Series roof shingles because they are tough, gorgeous, and backed by a strong warranty.
Every shingle has a unique triple-layer, reinforced nailing zone for superb fastener holding power. It’s is certified impact and hurricane wind resistant up to 130 mph.
✓ Limited Lifetime Warranty
✓ 15-year Blow-Off Coverage
✓ 10-year StreakGuard™ Algae Resistance
✓ 5-year Workmanship Coverage
Should I repair or replace my roof?
Either way, it can usually be done in a day.
Your repair is not an opportunity to sell a whole new roof.
Roof leak repair
Storm damage repair
Vent installation & repair
Faulty installation remediation
Schedule a free, no-obligation estimate today!
What to expect
We will discuss the roofing process and coordinate the best start/end times for minimal disruption. All of your questions will be answered.
“I learned the roofing business from the ground up. In my early years, I was mentored by a successful home remodeling contractor. I started as a laborer and earned my way into management. I enjoyed the work, I loved our team and our customers. In 1996, the owner brought us together and told us that he was closing the business. I knew it was an opportunity. He sold me tools and a truck. I moved to Corpus Christi to start this company.
I have my customers to thank for this success. Their referrals and reviews have pushed me to grow the business and hire more roofers, one-by-one.” – Chuy Noguez, Owner
Hard Working Employees
“Great job on replacing roof and competitive pricing.
I highly recommend Chuy’s Roofing.”
“I had a leak in the roof coming from the water heater vent. It caused water damage in my garage. I called one company out that said it was installed incorrectly and wasn’t sealed. They wanted to remove the whole thing, seal it and put it back on for a lot of money. I called Chuy’s roofing next. Chuy came to my house and took a look and told me the vent was in excellent condition just missing the sealer. He sealed everything for me right then at no cost and told me it was such an easy fix. Such honesty! Thank you Chuy!!”
– Jamie Dodson
“I very highly recommend Chewys roofing company to anyone looking to install a new roof. We shopped around many roofing companies and found this company had competitive pricing with great recommendations. Our experience was great, fast, and convenient. Within 2 days we had a brand new roof. The owner is such a friendly and helpful man with so much knowledge of his company and his craft. “
– Monica Cardona
“I highly recommend Chuy’s Roofing, he replaced my roof and they are very professional, very honest and they did a very good job on my roof and they are very reasonable they do not add on things that are not needed just to make extra money and yes the roof is windstorm certified, I am very happy to have had that company replace my roof”
– Erma Martinez
“We chose Chuy’s Roofing to replace the roof on our house and I’m sure pleased that we did. He wasn’t the cheapest, nor the most expensive, but his guys did an excellent job. The price he quoted was all inclusive and he didn’t hit us up with the added costs like others that we got a quote from. They came in, tore off the old roof, did a little wood replacement and roofed the house in a day and a half. They even painted the roof jacks to match the color of shingle that we chose. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone I know.”
– Tex S.
Can you help me choose my shingle color?
Although every home is different and everyone’s tastes vary, the table below may help you match shingle colors to your home’s primary exterior shade.
|HOUSE COLOR||BEST MATCHING SHINGLE COLOR|
|Red||Dark Brown, Black, Grey, Green|
|Light Grey||Grey, Black, Green, Blue, White|
|Beige/Cream||Brown, Black, Grey, Green, Blue|
|Brown||Grey, Brown, Green, Blue|
|White||Almost any color including Brown, Grey, Black, Green, Blue, White|
|Wood or Log Houses||Brown, Green, Black, Grey|
How long should my roof last?
- How old is it? Slate, copper, and tile roofs can last more than 50 years. Fiber cement shingles last about 25 years. Asphalt or composition shingles can last about 20 years. If your home is shaded by trees or tall buildings, the roof may last longer.
- Curling shingles: Curled shingles are a warning sign that probably shouldn’t be ignored.
- Missing shingles: Like brakes on you car, or a cavity in your tooth, the longer you put it off, the bigger project it becomes. Even a little bit of water could damage your woodwork, drywall, plaster, and insulation in that area.
- Cracked shingles: These are a sure sign of an older roof in need of replacement. A single crack is a perfect opening for water to seep through and cause severe water damage.
- Granules in the gutter: Granules are bits of the shingles breaking off which is another indicator that the roof tiles are nearing the end of their useful life.
- Sunlight from your attic: This can’t be good. Let’s have a look.
- Roof sagging in the middle: A sagging roof can be caused by many things, including a breakdown of structure beams, or excessive weight. It should be addressed as soon as possible to ensure your roof is not at risk of collapsing.
What will a new roof cost?
Invite Chuy to take a look. There are so many variables that determine the cost. Your quote is free, and you have no obligation at all.
Will it be slate, clay, metal, or asphalt shingles? Does the job require complete removal of the supporting wood/substrate, or can it be re-roofed? Are there skylights, chimneys, ridge vents, attic fans in place or desired? Is it a flat or pitched? Is your roof easily accessible or will it require a crane for access?
When is the best time to replace my roof?
There is no official “roofing season” and typically roofers work year-round. Summer and autumn are the busiest times for roofing companies here in Texas. However, it is possible to have your roof replaced in the winter or spring when there is less demand.
How can I make my roof last longer?
1. Don’t power wash your shingles.
The concentrated spray from power washing can loosen the granules, resulting in damage that might not be covered by the warranty. Instead, have a professional use a broom or leaf blower or manually remove any dirt or moss.
2. Make sure that your attic is ventilated.
Inadequate ventilation or poorly located vents can lead to condensation on the plywood supporting your roof shingles, which can cause them to rot. A badly placed exhaust fan can do the same. This isn’t something you can easily diagnose yourself. We can check your system and suggest fixes, which can save you money and headaches later on.
3. Clean your gutters often
By keeping your gutters clean, you can prevent a buildup of water that can lead to leaks.
4. Fortify your roof
Corpus Christi is prone to hurricanes and severe winds. First, our roofers install seal decking with a special sealant. Second, we use shingles that have a larger nailing area to prevent wind uplift, then we lock down the roof’s edges with metal flashing.
Should I replace my roof before I list my home?
A huge portion of a home’s curb appeal is due to the condition and aesthetic of the roof. If you’re selling your home and your roof is in poor condition or in need of major repairs, you may have trouble getting people to bid on your home.
A lot of buyers these days are on a budget and simply don’t want to spend money on major repairs after they just bought a house. By replacing your roof before you sell, you can get ahead of trouble while still recouping most, if not all, of the costs when you sell.
How should I decide which roofing company to choose?
During these crazy times, it seems anyone with a pickup truck and a hammer is a roofer. We all know someone who was ripped off by a traveling “roofing company” who saw the storm coming to Corpus Christi and swooped in to make some quick cash.
- Ask to review the business license & insurance certificate.
- Look at their trucks. If they don’t care for their own property, they won’t care for yours.
- Read Google & Yelp reviews.
- Consider paying with a major credit card. If the roofer doesn’t do what they promised, contact your credit card company to stop payment.
- Get a written proposal that includes;
- Roof type
- Materials to be included in the work (example: underlayment, vents, flashing, etc)
- Tear-off or overlay
- Flashing work (replace or reuse flashings)
- Ventilation work (adding new vents)
- Who is responsible for repairing or replacing landscape or finishes that may get damaged during the course of the work
- Starting and completion dates
- Length of warranty and what is covered